Sunday, June 26, 2011

Response to a Comment on My Blog Post

I tried for 15 minutes to respond to the comment from Tara and Blogger continued to be a pest...so this is my response, lol:

Tara: I absolutely agree. I remember a teacher saying once, "hate the sin, love the sinner" and I totally do my best to abide by that. I think what gets dangerous about our relationship to sin is that we attempt to create a heirarchy of sin; that is, ranking one sin as more sinful than other sin. Sin is anything that pulls us away from God; period. All we can do is offer all that we are to God every day of our lives and continue to strive for deeper, richer relationships with Christ. God is against sin; God loves us, though, so praise God for that!
As a pastor, I represent all three of those things that you mentioned, but I definitely think the world is at the bottom of the proverbial totem pole. God ought to be at the top and it's a challenge sometimes for us as human beings to keep Him there in all that we do.
That's what I love about the Phillipians verse: it's present tense and so our wrestling is a constant challenge. But I think wrestling with questions about our faith and our relationship with God is what keeps our faith real and our own.
I love you too :) I'm so glad you're my neighbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment